Most of the students say that accounting exams are a challenge for them. Because there are so many complex calculations and concepts in accounting. Again, students also say that the time taken for the accounting exam is not sufficient to complete the exam.
You need good preparation and hard work to do well in accounting exams. It is not possible to do well in this exam without it. The exam is bad many times due to the lack of some guidance, even though it is good preparation in accounting.
Here are the top 10 accounting exam tips for your accounting exams to perform well.
Top Accounting Exam Tips
- Ensure that you are prepared with all the paperwork required for your examination, i.e. pen, pencils, calculator, and eraser.
- Make sure you bring your ID document and your admission letter for examination.
- Timely arrivals at the examination center. You should arrive at the examination center at least 1 hour before the start of the examination.
- Before the examination room, you go to the bathroom. During the examination, you do not want to waste precious time in your bathroom.
- Use 10 minutes of reading time to read the instructions carefully. This helps to ‘open up’ the information in your brain. All questions in Accounting are mandatory, but you do not have to answer them in order to do so. Start with the question you think is the easiest way to get the flow going.
- Break down the questions to make sure you understand what you’re asking. If you don’t answer the question correctly, you’re not going to get any marks for it. Look for keywords to know how to answer the question. You will find a list of question words in your study guide. Try to answer all your questions. Because every question has a simple mark. If you can answer every question, the chances of getting higher numbers are greatly increased. So, make sure you answer all the questions during the exam.
- Accounting questions may seem difficult, but can never panic. Because everything in the question is in your reading. Just try to make the connection. When you see that you can do it all it will be much easier and the exam will be good, too.
- Time is a very important factor for the exam. You need to manage time well to do well in accounting exams. There is no need to waste too much time on an answer that is not well known. As a result, you will not be able to answer the question that you know well because of the lack of time. So start with the question you can answer well, then try the rest of it if you have time. So, manage your time correctly.
- Check the weighting – how many marks have been assigned to answer your question? Take note of the ticks in your study guide as examples of the assigned marks. Don’t give more or less information than you need.
- Write big, bold, and clear. If the marker can read your answer clearly, you will get more marks. Show your accounting calculations nicely so that your marker can be easily understood.
If you follow these top 10 accounting exam tips well above, hopefully, you’ll be able to do well in the accounting exam.
You can also read: